Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
- teachers, librarians, conference organizers
- adult book purchasers
- readers, both adults and children ages 9-13
- Encourage teachers, librarians, and others to hire me to speak, deliver workshops, or provide school presentations.
- Offer freelance writing and editing services through my business: MoonDot Media
- Inform visitors about my books.
- Offer the ability to buy my books through Paypal.
- Invite visitors to connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
I like shades of blue and a science look. I would not like green as the predominant color.
Several of my astronomy books are a blend of mythology and science. Mythology could play a minor role in the design, but is not necessary.
I want it to reflect:
- my science-themed books (astronomy, trees)
- that I write for children and adults
- that I offer:
-writing and editing services
-keynote speeches and author presentations
-writing and speaking workshops
It should be able to include images of my book covers and headshot. (10 books currently but four more over the next couple of years).
1. A home page with navigation to other pages
Main goals: show I'm an award winning author of books for adults and children offering:
- school and library presentations and workshops
- freelance writing and editing
- public speaking
A coder should be able to duplicate this page for the entire site, to provide content under these headings:
Meet Joan (sublinks: Honors and Awards; FAQ's, Future Authors)
Books (sublinks: Adult books; Kid Books (sub-sublink: For Kids, Astronomy), Purchase Books (with Paypal)
Freelance writing and editing (MoonDot Media logo and sublinks: Writing Samples, Testimonials, Request Quote)
Presentations (sublinks to: For Schools, Keynotes, Workshops, Funding)
I need to host it on a free site, such as Wordpress.
What to avoid
-the color olive green
-cartoony space themes
-images of aliens
It's very important that the design leaves room to grow and provides me with the ability to update the site myself.
I would like to know it will appear as designed on any size screen viewers may be using.
I welcome suggestions on how to best create the site. Feel free to email me with questions: email@example.com
I'm not sure if I should have one main page, duplicated, or an introductory main page and a secondary page that is duplicated for all other pages. I do want the main page to contain informative content and perhaps a scroll of my books going by, but only if I can update that without needing to hire a coder each time I have a new book released).