Before proceeding with the home page design I strongly suggest creating a style tile - http://styletil.es/ - using the style tile template that I have attached. This template is merely a guideline for the elements to define, I have based these elements directly of the default Bootstrap styles - http://getbootstrap.com/css/ - the goal of the style tile is to agree on colours, fonts, buttons, icons and general elements before spending excessive time on designing each page.
1. Home Page:
- Include a Mega Menu drop down for Lodges, Destinations aka Regions, and Blog with similar content to Singita.
- Persistent "Follow, Subscribe & Enquire" tab on right similar to HotelDel - http://hoteldel.com/ - icons for facebook, twitter, mailchimp email subscribe, tripadvisor, youtube, instagram and enquire tab. The enquire tab opens a modal with a form, this needs to indicated in the design.
- Large banner (not a slider).
- Below the banner or tabs on the banner should drive users to key parts of the site which are Bookings (aka Reservations or Availability), Rates and Available lodges for the Private Game Reserve.
- Featured highlights could also work instead of displaying lodges. Highlights could be - Signature Offers, Blog, Sustainability.
- Section below banner promoting lodges and destinations, possibly could slide using a carousel.
- Section promoting specials.
- Example: https://www.andbeyond.com/
- Example: http://www.thanda.com/
- Example: http://singita.com/
2. Lodges landing page displaying the list of lodges for the Private Game Reserve:
- Display filtering or navigation options at top of page for; Travel Type, Lodge Style, Destination
- Below the filters there should be a grid of lodges
- Example: http://singita.com/lodges/
- Example: http://www.kwandwe.com/lodges/
3. Accommodation / Rooms landing page:
- Important to display a tool for filtering room accommodations by price, room type, location (destination)
- Display a grid of rooms below the filter, each room should have an image, title, short description and starting cost per person
- Best example: https://hoteldel.com/san-diego-accommodations/ - great filters and page structure
- Example: http://www.topnotchresort.com/stowe…modations/
- Example: http://www.mirrorlakeinn.com/accommodations/
4. Specials page:
- The special pages is an extremely important page on the site
- There are different types of specials based on either percentage discount, set price or package "book 3 nights get 4"
- Example: http://casamadrona.com/packages/
- Example: http://singita.com/promotions/
- Example: https://www.andbeyond.com/journey/africa/where-to-go/south-africa/destinations/phinda-private-game-reserve/specials/
5. Lodge single page:
- A lodge specific sub-navigation highlighting key menu items rates, galleries, maps, etc
- The single lodge page should somehow showcase rooms available at the lodge encouraging visitors to want to book a room.
- Big emphasis on enquire or book now.
- Ability to click photo gallery that pops up into a full screen lightbox
- List of rooms at the specific lodge.
- Example: http://singita.com/ebony-lodge/
- Example: https://www.andbeyond.com/journey/africa/where-to-go/south-africa/destinations/phinda-private-game-reserve/accommodation/