How Mpowapow started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Current Website: PokerJokerGear.com
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Poker Joker Gear is a brand focused on bringing a positive attitude to the poker community. There is a few things that we focus on as a business. 1. The way we make revenue is by selling product but we are more than a product company we are also a club/Team that focuses on players who want to make a name for themselves in the World of Poker and we have a metric system for them to achieve "Pro Status". Players on the team can earn points when they place high within the poker tournaments they play in. Its a very difficult achievement to accomplish. Our audience is the Poker World. Targeted at promoting our brand and also the positive affect we can have while playing poker.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Games & Recreational
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
I am looking to have a website that not only focuses on our product product but also focuses on our players. If there is a way to at one point API with GPI (Global Poker Index) so that players can keep a live page update and also their personal ranking update, that would be cool. Looking to really create a new way for people on our team to standout and the site should help promote them. Also need to focus on the best ways to sell and promote product and should allow people to sign up for an exclusive club membership where they have access to products before they are released to the general public and maybe get insider info into whats going on with the team. Trying to create not only a team member website, a place to sell merchandise but also a central hub where people can be apart of a club.
Home Page: This page should encompass a few things..
1. Product page, if the number one way in which we make money is through product then we need to have a cool way for people to see a product piece or a lifestyle image of a piece of product. Something to engage them. Also needs to have some kind of button to link out to the retail store and the store needs to be cool and different. The current store is difficult to categorize product and doesn't engage with the consumer very well at all.
2. Members: Needs to engage new or potential members who want to sign up for an exclusive package and exclusive access to the site and some of the bells and whistles the site has to offering which can engage a member and keep them coming back to the site. we want them to sign up for an exclusive membership but there needs to be some different things for them to create that keeps them wanting and needing to come back. essentially creating a farm league mentality.
3. Current Team member page and this needs to have a "get to know the team"look and feel. outside exclusive members need to be able to interact and see the team players, their accomplishments, link to them via twitter and also check out their profile with GPI.
4. Scoreboard: Needs to allow members to enter in their achievements, then that will show their month to date rank and their year to date rank. also will update their current status and what level they currently rank with the team on their way to pro level.
5. Blog, needs to be a creative place to show the blog. Id like to create a really cool and engaging frame in which blog videos can be displayed. not really interested in creating a blog site for written dialog.
6. A cool page. not sure what this would be but would like it to be engaging. A fun page. Maybe where people write their bad beat stories in poker, upload pics of them wearing joker gear with a location maker, something that engages people and is interactive. Basically I am open.