Our website, Hotels-Rates.com, receives most of its traffic from search engines. The majority of our traffic lands on pages deeper into the site past our home page (ex: city pages like http://www.hotels-rates.com/dallas/tx/usa/ or specific points of interest pages like http://www.hotels-rates.com/hotels/…/usa/231/). We also take calls into our call center for assistance in finding and booking hotel reservations.
The percentage of our traffic that is mobile is getting higher and higher each month and we are looking for a mobile version of our site to better improve conversion.
Here are the detailed requirements that we are looking for.
1. Our main website, http://www.hotels-rates.com, could use a new redesign itself and more than likely will soon. For this mobile version, I am fine with it having a different design from our main site version (even the logo) as it will probably all change soon anyway for the non-mobile version and since the users are so different, I don't think they have to stay the same across both channels.
2. Prefer to have a toll free number displayed on all pages in order to allow users to press to dial from their mobile device. The phone number will be 877-795-1674 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 877-795-1674 end_of_the_skype_highlighting and should saying something like "Book Online or Call Toll Free". Should be easy to see on pages and kept in a consistent format throughout all the pages. IMPORTANT: Our call center is not open 24 hours a day so when the call center number is removed for these non-hours of the day, we need to ensure the page will still look professional.
3. Keep the overall flow of the pages simple since it is a mobile version. not too cluttered. very professional looking.
4. Dimensions: Looking for this to be formatted for all mobile devices (especially iPhone and Android) so it fits well within each. Also need it to be able to be expanded to 100% so it can work within devices such as an iPad.
5. Prefer navigation between pages to be where you have a back button in upper left corner and a home button in upper right corner.
6. Definitely want pages to be able to load very quickly for conversion purposes. Where possible, use of css sprites is a definitel plus.
7. Would prefer to have the actual css and html that goes along with this design in order to help our in house developer.
Attached is a document detailing more specifics about each page. You can refer to the website itself to better understand what certain parts might mean. You just might have to do availability requests for certain properties or actually get to the form page to see certain pages.