We require the front label to be designed (110mm x 110mm). There is no other space for labels on the product so all the information required must go on the front label.
The label must include:
1. Company Logo (should be near the top of the packaging and prominent).
2. Category Description – “Wild Bird”
3. Product Description – “Suet Cake” “Fruit & Berry”
4. Weight – “300ge”
5. Barcode – There has to be a space for a barcode. Use anything for now.
6. No essential but I quite like the thought of seeing the product in use by having a photograph of wild birds eating the cake somewhere on the label.
I have attached a design that shows most of this content and a picture of the product in use. Please don’t use this design as the basis for your own as it was just something that we played around with a month or so ago.
There are two angles I would like this design to approached.
1. From an everyday brand perspective. This will need to compete with other Brands that currently lead the market such as ChapelWood and Gardman. However, just because the brand is everyday it doesn’t need to look cheap. In my view a label is what makes the product stand out so if it can look premium then it should as the cost for the label is the same anyway.
2. From a natural and more traditional perspective. This would be at the top end of the market and feel more homely, maybe more like something Grandma made in her kitchen (this is how suet cakes used to be made, from leftover meat fat and using other kitchen scraps). Something Grandma may have done…..
There are a couple of brands that use natural ingredients and performing well in the UK Pet Market. I have added some links below so that you can get inspiration from them. They make a big deal about what is in the food, lots of goodness.
If you need any more details please just let me know.