We want a logo/image for our 2015 training program for congregational leaders that we will conduct in 25 cities across the country.
Here's how we describe the program:
Weaving Life & Faith
A two-day training experience for congregational leaders designed to address three key questions: 1) How are faithful Christian disciples formed today? 2) What sustains them through a lifetime? 3) How congregations can positively contribute to the faith maturity of people over a lifetime?
The approaches we’ve used in the past are no longer adequate in today’s digital, individualized, highly secularized culture. Yet, some innovative approaches to highly relational discipling, and efforts to create authentic Christian community that beckon persons of all ages—children, youth, adults—into an exciting journey of both faith and religious practice, are showing promise.
This interactive training experience seeks to help leaders imagine and implement effective faith formation practices for today and for future generations. Anchored in recent research, propelled by the urgent need for change, yet tempered by decades of leadership in the field, VFM trainers will guide participants toward:
• understanding the profound cultural changes affecting faith development processes today
• exploring the process of faith transmission from generation to generation through the extended family and congregational systems
• experiencing and developing innovative congregational approaches that apply the essential faith-forming processes to people of all age
• developing a practical plan for the future of faith formation with all ages in your congregation
For: Pastors and Staff, Children’s Ministry Team, Small Group Ministry Team, Adult Formation Team, Sunday School Teachers, Council/Vestry, other interested leaders, ministry leaders and teams from neighboring congregations
Duration: Two Days, 9 am – 3:30 pm both days
Where and When: Two sites in Wisconsin in Nov 2014. 22+ sites around the country in 2015.
1. The Vision – a theological and ecclesial vision for genuinely relational formation in faith.
2. The Processes – eight key faith formation processes anchored in the theological and ecclesial vision and support by recent research.
3. The Transforming Encounter – as revealed in Scripture, the lives of Saints, as well those around us, God breaks into the lives of persons of all ages and is revealed through these encounters.
4. The Congregation – innovated ways the congregation can become a catalyst for faith formation in key settings: home/family/daily life, the digital/online world, and in the wider community.
5. The Plan – using the eight faith formation processes, participants will engage in a facilitated process of planning for effective, lifelong faith formation.
6. The Leaders – the training experience concludes with a session exploring relational leadership designed to empower the community to nurture and tell their story.