Please read carefully and make sure to look at every attachment. You can also refer to the website for more info on the company/brand: http://www.nwplastics.com
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
NPL recently underwent a redesign of their website, retooling and narrowing the focus of site content. The redesign highlighted the fact that the logo that has been in use for decades has become dated. The new website has created a specific look and feel, and elevated the professionalism of NPL, while modernizing the way the information is presented. Rotational molding is a complex process that has been presented in an easily consumable way. The goal of this logo redesign is to create a logo that represents the professionalism, history, and dedication to client success that NPL stands for. Researching on the new site who NPL is, what they do, and who they work with will certainly yield interesting ideas for creative designers.
NPL works with a wide array of companies including those already doing rotational molding and looking to reduce costs and improve reliability; those who have a final design and looking to outsource the rotational molding; and those who just have a conceptual idea for a product and don’t know where to start.
Key demographics of NPL’s target market include:
• Male skewed 80%+
• 45 – 65 Years of age
• Primarily situated in the Pacific NW (Washington State, Oregon, British Columbia)
• Secondary areas include all of Canada and the United States
Key organizational demographics of target companies include the following:
• Large companies creating complex products with multiple parts that have exacting specifications.
• Large manufacturing companies in specific verticals.
• See Verticals on the website.
• $5m+ in annual sales
The industry is well established, rather conservative, and generally the job role of a person seeking the services of NPL are late-middle-aged men with a job title that may include words such as:
• OEM Parts.
• After Market
• Lean Manufacturing
NPL will select the final logo. Winning logo designer will be compensated through 99
1. Designs and will provide the winning logo in three formats:
- Full colour
- Grey scale (for use on white background)
- Grey scale (for use on dark background)
2. In each of the following file formats:
- High resolution vector format (.eps or .ai or .psd)
- Transparent background .png
- High resolution .jpg
- Web format (=>100kb) .jpg
3. Any fonts used in the logo to be supplied with the design files.
4. A two page brand guide that includes all logo formats (number 1 above) and fonts used.
The approved budget for this Logo design competition is $X
The Logo contest will be completed in 7 days.
Along with this Design Brief, is included a document outlining the colour scheme of the new NPL website, and the currently used fonts on the site along with the iconography used to assist the logo designer to craft a logo that is in line with design style of the new website.
In addition, we have included the current logo design file, as well as a first round draft logo from which to draw inspiration.