Here are some updates to the brief based on the first round of logo submissions:
1) Please no variations on "initials in a shape" looks. We want something more unique, not just the letters "GM" in a circle/square/diamond etc.
2) Our tastes lean toward sans serif fonts.
3) No color preferences, but please provide a variation that works black & white as well as color.
4) We're seeing lots of dragons - that's in the current logo, but we are NOT attached to it. Any fantasy shapes are fine, but please no guns/military iconography. The current logo design is attached.
We are not happy with the current logo because:
1) Don't want ".com" in the logo, so it only says Gamer Mats
2) The placement of the dragon makes it hard to have a version with just text for use when the logo needs to be small and/or in places where a dragon is not appropriate.
3) Hard to print on apparel because of the complex red badge with "GM", color gradient, and metallic border.
- Scale down to small sizes in low resolution. A logo on a playmat is going to be about 1 to 1.5 inches wide, at "t-shirt" print resolution.
- If you choose to include a fanciful item like a dragon, please design it so we can use the logo with just the name. This means either put the graphic item next to the name, or provide two versions - one with the graphic integrated, and one with just text.
IMPORTANT: We are _NOT_ attached to the dragon imagery. Please do not feel that you have to provide alternate looks that include dragons.
This is our fourth contest, and we are comfortable with the process and will provide lots of feedback.