- Logo elements will be:
- Closer to God .online
- for the url http://www.closertogod.online
- We want our domain extension, ".online" visible and highlighted.
- Draw attention to it but don't let it overpower the name "Closer to God"
- Burning Bush
- We are open to other concepts and welcome them. This concept is significant to use because we believe it represents both the invitation by God to encounter Him as well as our response to the invitation. It represents us "meeting" with God.
- Needs to be primarily in a horizontal / rectangular format so that it displays well in a standard header area of a website.
- Icon / image should be to the left with the text to the right.
- We'd like the burning bush concept, but again, if you can come up with something better, we trust quality designers.
- Simple or minimalistic imagery.
- Too much detail doesn't scale down well.
- Inviting and friendly
- But not so light-hearted that it appears to primarily target youth or teens.
- We want to avoid having our logo appear "churchy", "religious" or "stuffy"
- Visual Double Entrendes: The design that will win us over for sure would be one that, if possible, figures out how to capture this concept the best. For more information, refer to these articles here:
- We are open to anything creative, but we would prefer an illustrative look and feel. (I have included two illustrative images for reference. One says "EXODUS" and the other is red, of Moses.)
- I'm also attaching a couple of burning bushes. These aren't exactly what we are looking for, but they were the closest I could find.
- NOTE* - We've already seen a couple of excellent burning bush designs, but the challenge I'm having is the branches have too much detail for downward scaling and the trees come off as dead branches somehow. Not the designers fault, just the way ther are turning out. Find a way to remedy =) We want our icon to be able to be utilized in small formats when necessary. That means not too much detail. Simple and minimalist is important to us.