The Big Picture:
I need level assets for a steampunk-themed, 2D platformer game that will run on iOS/Android/PC.
Something Important to Know:
I'm not sold on any particular direction/style other than what I've mentioned in the description. I really like letting you, the designer have control of what you think looks good - After all, you are the one who know's best! ;)
The Key Component:
- Steampunk. This is absolutely critical: If you haven't heard of steampunk before, Google for some inspiration. It's essentially what it would look like if cowboys were the main characters in Star Wars, but it runs deeper than that. Examples of what style I like are attached. It's concept art, but hopefully you understand what I'm looking for.
- Urban. The level assets should be grungy and futuristic. The game takes place in a futuristic city with several old-world aesthetics (See Steampunk)
The Game's Story:
You play as a detective who's job is to catch criminals for the police. The bulk of the game's focus is on that, and I plan to make each level a new case/mission.
What I need, details below:
- Landscape Assets:
B) Seamless Level Background Images
- Level props - Trees, Houses, Vehicles(!), etc.
- Major bonus points for a Power-Up item/Character Concept/Example Level - But not required
The Fine Print:
- The assets should be reusable and modular. For example; If I want to make a level, I should be able to tile the ground and platforms.
- I am also looking for someone to work with long term, on this and other projects. Once this design is complete, I still need characters, items, UI, etc. designed - So if this is done right, I will have additional work for you!
I'm super excited to see what you design. Thanks!