I am designing an exercise card game with the purpose of turning exercise into a playful competition, rather than a grueling work out. Your job is to create a character that demonstrates the exercises in the game. Leo Blanchette has already provided me with a great sketch but doesn’t have the time to go through with the project. If you need inspiration for this project, check out his website and his art, specifically, the Orange Man. The sketch he sent me, titled Leo’s Last Draft is almost exactly what I am looking for (except the legs are too short). Nonetheless, I know one of you can take what he has done and make something truly special with it. Because we are already so close to the final design, this contest will be more of a test of how you can manipulate the character into different exercise positions, rather than a creative competition. The winner of this contest will provide the best representation of the character; let’s call him “Mr. Play”, in 15 different positions. I would like the drawings in vector format (ideally we would like individual vectors for the torso, arms, and legs). Remember: the purpose of Mr. Play is to show people how to do exercises correctly, so make sure your character is doing the poses correctly, and in a manner that is easy for anyone to follow.
Another note: The 15 characters are only 1/3 of the final product I am looking for. In order to win this contest, I would like to have a pre-arranged contract with you to finish the last 20-35 characters. Seeing as the most difficult aspect of this project is making the first character and learning how to manipulate him into different postures, the majority of the work will already be done by the time you finish this contest. Therefore, even though there are more characters on the back-end project, the monetary reward will be the same. The rewards are: $250 prize for this contest, $250 for the last set of characters. I would like all the characters completed by October 20th. Finally, there will be a great opportunity for future work if the initial product is successful.
Note: Start by submitting one character. I will rate it and give you feedback. If you are on the right track, make one of each color. If I like those, keep adding characters and submitting your artwork, and I will continue to provide feedback.
The images I need for this contest are:
1. Blue character in raised pushup position
2. Blue character in low pushup position
3. Blue character in low stick-up position (arms bent at sides)
4. Blue character in raised tabletop pushup position (knees bent, slightly off the ground, back flat)
5. Blue character in cobra position
6. Red character in raised sit-up position (arms crossed, hands on shoulders, elbows touching knees)
7. Red character in scissor crunch (one leg raised, one leg straight, crunching with hands behind head up to raised leg)
8. Red character in raised superman position (on stomach, legs up, arms up, back bent slightly)
9. Red character in bicycle crunch position
10. Red character in raised jackknife position (hands reaching out touching toes
11. Yellow character in standing position
12. Yellow character in squatting position (arms straight out)
13. Yellow character in front lunge position
14. Yellow character in side lunge position (left leg in front, right arm in front)
15. Yellow character in tuck jump position (knees up near armpits)
If you don’t know what any of these exercises are, look them up online. If you still can’t find them or want clarification, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to email me with any other questions you have about the contest. I look forward to seeing your submissions.
Best of luck and may the best artist win!