The name "Vanguard" means "the troops moving at the head of an army" or "the forefront of an action or movement". This fits our DNA because we are a church with a vision to impact our city, nation and the world with the Gospel. We need a brand that is bold, clean, simple, modern and eye-catching.
To give you a sense of our culture: Our founding pastor is in his early 40's, is active on social media, loves technology, Apple/Mac products, Seinfeld and Starbucks coffee. Our worship services will feature a band playing modern worship songs by the likes of Passion Band, Hillsong, etc. Our culture is most similar to Mars Hill Church (see http://marshill.com) and Harvest Bible Chapel (see http://www.harvestbiblechapel.org).
We really like what was done for Element Church and Fusion Church in previous 99Design contests. We also like the brand Elevation Church in North Carolina has established (see http://elevationchurch.org). Could the 'V' in our name be used to show impact or forward movement similar to what Elevation did or what is seen on the cover of the 'Vertical Church' book (see http://www.jamesmacdonald.com/verti…rch-book/)? Please see the uploaded image as an example. We also like what Vanguard Church in Colorado did but would obviously like something more distinct (see http://www.vanguardchurch.org).
We also need the following included in this project...
1. Icons for a our 5 core values which are...--Word: learning and applying God's Word--Worship: giving Jesus the highest praise in spirit and truth--Walk: walking in fellowship with Christ and one another--Work: building the body as each part does it's work--Witness: striving to win as many as possible to faith in Jesus Christ.
2. A PDF style guide so we can maintain continuity as we build the brand.
3. Social media icons on the business card and the letterhead.
4. Facebook & Twitter page cover images.
6. JPEG files that can be used by our staff in apps like MS Word, etc.
After the brand identity is established we have more work that needs to be done right away. We will seriously consider hiring the winning artist to help us with these additional pieces.