We would like you to design 3 Christian book covers /back/ spine that are in the same series together. [Cover to be size of 6"x9" (or 15.24 x 22.86 cm) Resolutions 600 pixels per inch. Color Mode RGB Color. 8 bit. Image Size=Approximately 55.6M. Color Profile=sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Pixel Aspect Ratio=Square Pixels.] The series is called, “The Wisdom Series”. There is an unlimited amount of books that can be added to this series. The three books titles are …
1. Title: Big God in a Chaotic World
1. Subtitle: A Fresh Look at Daniel
2. Title: Never the Same
2. Subtitle: A Fresh Look at the Sermon on the Mount
3. Title: When God Makes No Sense
3. Subtitle: A Fresh Look at Habakkuk
There are other books in, “The Wisdom Series” and you can see the information of those books at http://www.BruceBMiller.com
Here are the blurbs of each of the books –
1. Big God in a Chaotic World
If you are facing pressure from your workplace, you could use Daniel. If you feel like you are going through the fire, Daniel has some perspective for you. If you think your world is coming apart, you need Daniel. If you feel like you are being thrown to the lions, he has been there.
This study of Daniel shows us that the key to living faithfully in a sinful world is our view of God. Daniel opens our eyes to see just how big God really is. When your vision of the Big God expands, you find that you can handle whatever chaos life throws your way. You are invited to get to know the Big God who loves you and promises to rescue you.
“Daniel will open our eyes to see the God who is bigger than all our fears, fires and lions.”
2. Never the Same
As the longest recorded speech of Jesus the Sermon on the Mount forms the most influential speech in the history of the world. Join a spiritual quest as we dive deep into The Sermon on the Mount. Jesus turns upside down how most people view life. Many are familiar with famous lines in the sermon such as: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” “Turn the other cheek,” “Go the extra mile” and “Don’t judge.” Yet it’s familiarity with these sayings that dulls our minds to what Jesus is really saying. We need to hear Jesus freshly.
You see in his day, Jesus’ sermon shocked and offended his original audience. Therefore, if we are not shocked by his sermon, we may not really understand what Jesus is saying.
The overall point is this: Follow Jesus’ kingdom vision and you will stand out as a bright light in this dark world, stand up when storms come and step up to receive God’s eternal reward. Jesus calls us to be all-in, holding nothing back. You will never be the same!
3. When God Makes No Sense
Discover a perplexed prophet’s intense interchange with God himself. In the face of injustice and violence, Habakkuk cries out, “Why!” What do you do when God makes no sense?
Journey with the prophet
- from confusion to confidence
- from frustrated questions to faith-filled declarations
- from interrogation of God to singing praise to God
- from anguish to adoration
When life is shaking you like a leaf in a storm, learn how to hold on to the unshakeable God who controls the storm.
The Introduction: Planet earth may look wonderful from a satellite, but for those who live on this dusty sphere, things can look rather grim. Rising terrorism, global tensions, economic trauma, increasing pollution, flagrant immorality, dishonesty and injustice cast a dark shadow over us earthlings. The world looks more and more like some ominous time bomb with a short fuse ready to explode.
It is little wonder that people begin to ask questions. Why is there so much hatred and hostility? Why all the injustice? Why do good people suffer? Why doesn’t God do something? Why doesn’t God clean up this mess? Why can people openly violate God’s law and distort justice on every level without fear of divine intervention? Why? Why? Why? You want to Skype God and ask him some very direct questions about his plans for this world because from a human perspective, the current one is not making sense.
These penetrating questions are hardly new. Centuries before Christ came to this planet, an ancient prophet looked around at the violence and wickedness and cried out to God, “Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrongdoing? . . . Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves?” (Habakkuk 1:3a, 13b, NIV). Habakkuk was saying, “According to what I know of you, God, this doesn’t make sense!”
Unlike other prophets who declared God’s message to the people, this prophet dialogued with God about people. Most Old Testament prophets proclaimed divine judgment, but Habakkuk pleaded for divine judgment. This little book records a fascinating interchange between a perplexed prophet and his Maker. He not only asked the mysterious “whys” that plague humankind, he received an answer!
As we journey with Habakkuk, we too can move from confusion to confidence, from frustrated questions to faith-filled declarations. He teaches us to live by faith in a world of trouble. When life is shaking us like a leaf in the storm, we learn how to hold on to the unshakeable God who controls the storm. Prepare to encounter the God who exceeds our highest thoughts.
[End of Introduction]
Each of the books have to be distinctively different (color, font, look) but we would like somewhat of the same feel and design. (Feel free to use your creative interpretations for this.)
On the cover the books you need to have the …
3. Author’s name (Bruce B. Miller)
4. Logo of “The Wisdom Series” (see attached logo document)
On the back of the books you need to have …
3. Blurb/ Introduction
4. Space for one or two short endorsements (approximately 2 lines each for the wording and 1 line for name and title of the Endorser.) (Endorsements will be added later. Please just leave space for them.)
5. Picture of the author (attached)
6. About the author (below)
7. ISBN, bar code, price, category [Leave Space For This.]
8. Logo of the publishing company (attached)
[Special Note: Please view the books, Sexuality and Shaken to see how much space we need for the barcode and ISBN number and pricing. That's how much space you would need to leave for the book backings.]
On the spine of each of the books needs to have …
1. Author’s name
3. Subtitle (not crucial)
4. Publishing Company logo
Please do not use …
1. Unwholesome images
2. The image of the author as the main picture of the front of the cover
Please do this for the covers ….
2. Be able to catch the attention from afar. We want to give the reader a reason to want to read the book from it’s cover. Think like a reader not the writer of the book. Make the reader “feel” something rather than “telling” them something.
3. Make them classic, not trendy
4. We have attached a group of 3-4 covers that have been done by other authors/ designers. We do like these covers and their design concepts.
1. Taking the book cover(s) you’ve designed to your local Barnes and Noble into the Christian reading section. Place your cover in with the other books. Does your cover stand out? Then it doesn’t work – we want the cover of the book to match the content of the book.
The winner of these book cover(s) MUST be able to keep in touch with us for the future. We would like to consider using you as the book designer (paid opportunities) for our other books that we are going to publish throughout 2016 and 2017 and beyond. (
About the Author Section to be on the back of the book(s):
Bruce serves as founder and senior pastor of Christ Fellowship in McKinney, Texas. He created the copyrighted WISDOM process and speaks around the world. He founded the Center of Church Based Training. Because his heart beats to help people develop wisdom for life, Bruce has written this book as well as <i>Same-Sex Marriage--A Bold Call to the Church in Response to the Supreme Court's Decision, The Leadership Baton</i> (co-author), <i> Your Life in Rhythm, Your Church in Rhythm, Sexuality--Approaching Controversial Issues with Grace, Truth and Hope.</i> See BruceBMiller.com for recent releases.
(Note to designers: Obviously I am using html coding to convey where the italic needs to be. See the, Sexuality book if you need more clarification.)
- Must be designed in Adobe Photoshop and be editable
- Must be sent in PDF, JPG, and PSD format
- Must be able to use your name and (maybe) email address for copyright page to give you credit for the design of the cover, back, and spine.